All of our rooms have their own separate entrances and exits. Unlike traditional Inn, B & Bs, or hotels, our Motor Lodge offers our guests built in social distancing by design. Motor Lodges are making a comeback for additional safety during Covid-19!
Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge is taking the Covid-19 crisis extremely seriously. We are now open and accepting guests
Also, please note we are following all the cleaning and work place procedures laid out by the Massachusetts state Re-Opening Board in addition to CDC and AHLA safe stay guidelines. Our guest and staff safety is a top priority. If you have any questions, please call or e-mail us.
Massachusetts Re-opening information can be found on the following link, including industry specific standards:
Updated policies for the Covid-19 crisis:
1. Please note we are following federal, state & town guidelines for the lodging industry regarding safe practices for COVID-19. We follow the American Hotel & Lodging Association safe stay protocols and CDC guidance. We will also be monitoring our employees and any employee who is not feeling well or displaying symptoms will not be allowed to come into work. We are committed to providing a safe environment for our employees and guests. By booking and staying with us you understand the risks of traveling during the COVID-19 crisis. Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge is taking every precaution and will not be responsible for any risk of exposure when traveling. Travel at your own risk.
2. If you become sick with COVID-19 symptoms, you will notify the front desk immediately via phone and check-out. We recommend anyone who falls ill to go home and self- quarantine for the recommended 14 days. If you cannot travel and need to quarantine in the hotel, you may have the option to stay, but only if the room is available. You may not switch rooms. You will also be responsible for the additional charges to extend your stay. Those charges will be the published rate for the dates of your stay on the Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge's website, plus taxes and fees.
3. All guests must adhere to Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge's COVID-19 protocols informed by local (town & state) mandates. These protocols will be communicated before check-in via the e-mail given during booking. If a guest refuses to adhere or continually violates these protocols, they will be required to leave without a refund.
4. If a guest falls ill during their stay, we have to comply with Massachusetts & CDC guidelines. The room may need to remain vacant for up to 72 hours before it can be cleaned and re-rented. If this happens and impedes your stay, we will notify you immediately. Our first priority will be to try to accommodate your stay in another room. If the hotel is full (we only have 8 rooms), we will need to cancel or reschedule your reservation. If rescheduling is not possible, you will not be responsible for the reservation charges. By booking this reservation you are aware your reservation could be cancelled last minute due to COVID-19 complications beyond our control. Please know we are committed to your health and safety.
5. In order to comply with current state regulations, we are encouraging contact-free service. All guests will have the option for contact-free check-in/out. In addition, all guests will be required to call the main office for any questions or to check-in. Guests will be allowed into the office individually to maintain proper social distancing. All guests MUST bring their own PPE. All guests will be required to wear a mask in the main office and parking lot of Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge. Current Rockport regulations state that all guests must wear a mask inside any business as well as outside in the down town district, which applies to Bearskin Neck. Follow link for detailed information: https://www.rockportma.gov/home/news/downtown-district-map-board-health-face-coveringmask-order
6. Social Distancing will be required on the property. The individual room's back deck chairs are spaced six feet apart. We ask that you respect your neighbor's space. The back deck behind the main office is limited to 10 people or less and each party must abide by strict 6 foot social distancing.
7. We reserve the right to change our COVID-19 policies at any time to comply with CDC, State, & Town protocols.
In an effort to comply with state and town guidance, we are offering our guests limited or no contact service. The office is staffed between 10 am - 7 PM daily. We live on site but aren’t always on the property. We encourage anyone who needs assistance after office hours to call (978) 546-6677 and we will gladly help you.
We are offering contact-free check-in/check-out. We will call every guest the day before arrival. If you opt for a contact-free check-in we will send you the hotel policies in advance. We will also charge your credit card and e-mail you a receipt. You will then have the option of retrieving the keys in your room, or calling the main office when you arrive and we will bring your sanitized keys outside.
Should you opt for a low contact check-in, you can come into the main office. We ask that only one group is in the office at a time. If another group is in the office when you arrive, please wait until they exit before entering. Masks must be worn in the office. We have a plexiglass divider to protect our employees and guests from any direct contact.
Assistance During Your Stay:
Should you need anything during your stay, please call our main office and we will gladly assist you. The office is staffed between 10 am - 7 PM daily. We live on site but aren’t always on the property. We encourage anyone who needs assistance after office hours to call (978) 546-6677 and we will gladly help you. If you need assistance in your room, we will gladly help and both staff and guests will wear masks in the same space.
Please note, due to state regulations the ice maker cannot be accessed by guests. We do have the ice maker in the main office. If you would like, please call us and we will deliver ice to your door between 10 AM-7PM.
You can either leave keys in our check-out drop box adjacent to the main office door, call the main office and let us know you are leaving the keys in the room, or bring them into the office during office hours..
In anticipation of individual concerns of guests, housekeeping shall not enter a guest room during a stay unless specifically requested, or approved, by the guest. In an effort to reduce contact, housekeeping can replace towels, amenities, and change trash, but full service cleanings are discouraged. We ask that you let us know between 10-11 AM if you would like trash and linens changed or other amenities such as soap, coffee, etc,
On the Property:
All guests will be required to wear a mask in the main office and when on the property and may come into close contact with others, like walking on the back deck. You MUST BRING YOUR OWN MASK or PPE. Current Rockport regulations state that all guests must wear a mask inside any business as well as outside in the down town district, which applies to Bearskin Neck. Follow the link for detailed town instructions:
Outside on our property you must follow State regulations on mask wear. If you cannot socially distance, you must put on a mask. We encourage guests to keep masks with them at all time.
The individual room's back deck chairs are spaced six feet apart. We ask that you respect your neighbor's space.
The back deck behind the main office is limited to 10 people or less and each party must abide by strict 6 foot social distancing.